Medicare Certified Rehabilitation Unit
New Rehabilitation Unit
An Open House was held in 2017 to tour Casa de Modesto’s Medicare Certified Rehabilitation Unit which includes Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy services.
What are the Benefits?
Casa de Modesto is a non profit 501(c)(3) retirement community that is Medicare certified for Rehabilitation services (Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapy). Some of the most exciting things we do take place every day in our Rehabilitation unit. We offer:
- – Help with lost strength and mobility due to illness, trauma, or surgery
- – Comprehensive therapy services
- – Therapists and nursing staff working as partners to treat patients
- – Highly trained certified therapist
Upon admission, our team will consult with your physician and create a personalized therapy. program specific for your needs and desires.
Our physical therapy program is designed to address neurological, orthopedic, rheumatological conditions, and other injuries and illnesses. We emphasize balance, gait, transfer training, safety, coordination, strengthening, and pain management in an effort to help patients achieve their highest levels of functional mobility.
- – Individualized exercise programs
- – Range of motion exercise
- – Soft tissue mobilization
- – Gait and balance training
- – Lite-Gait
- – Posture and body mechanics
- – Muscle strengthening and re-education
Our occupational therapy program focuses on improving our patients’ skills in the Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Therapists work with patients to maximize their potential for re-learning basic living skills such as:
- – Eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, and cooking
- – Coping and retraining for losses in ADL and physical functioning
- – Neuromuscular re-education
- – Safety training
- – Arm and hand rehabilitation
- – Contracture management and Splint screening
- – Perceptual Skills retraining.
Our speech therapy program assists patients in adapting and compensating to overcome problems with speech, hearing, comprehension, expression, and swallowing. Services include:
- – Oral motor retraining
- – Voice therapy and language skills assessment
- – Auditory and visual comprehension
- – Development of communication devices
- – Dietary consultation
- – Cognitive and perceptual retraining
- – Management of dysphagia or swallowing problem